What is digital?
SEO strategies are important to enable you to reap the benefits of having the right key phrases in the right place, to make sure your website can be found by Googles search algorithum, ad platforms, social media platforms and your future/current clients.
Running together with SEO are Ads. Ad strategies should be tailored to your target audience, on platforms such as, Google AdSense, AdRoll, Facebook, Instagram, Taboola, Capterra and many more. It’s true, you can get your name up in lights and in front of the people you want to see it. The high converting clients who are just a web page away.
To do this, you need a strategy, involving the following:
- Analysis of target markets
- Competitors and your industry
- Strategic goals for your business
- Strategies to get you on your way
- An implementation plan, including keywords and Meta Data updates
SEO is a long term project and therefore most SEO providers work in three month contract periods. The initial strategy and keyword/phrase research can be requested as a separate, initial project. It’s a good idea to negotiate a trial period for SEO within your website, where pages are optimised all, keywords/phrases and copy are tailored based on the overall strategy. Research and strategy should be undertaken prior to the start of any SEO projects. This cannot be stressed enough.
When choosing someone to help you with your SEO, look out for the following.
- Is the provider thinking of alternate ways to increase quality traffic to your website?
- Do you understand what they are saying to you? See below for explanations on SEO terms.
- What will be the deliverables? For example, a presentation on the strategies and an associated list of keywords.
- What are the expected outcomes? For good SEO providers, an example of SEO that works would be a 10% increase in website traffic from within your target market regions. If you go deeper and have good, GDPR compliant website tracking, you should be able to see the quality of the increased traffic. If they are vague about this and get defensive, smile and let them know you’ll get back to them. If they don’t have any tracking in place, you could offer to set it up for them, as part of a Technical SEO package. Fee included.